Thursday 11 February 2010

Teardrops of a Clown


Like many other things in life, the sun sets for some. The sun though, sets for us humans, on many occasions when we least expect it to happen, because we feel we have not quite finished or concluded the business at hand...the business of the day.

We always tend to think we are in control especially because of the little power that may be at our disposal. But the reality is being in the driver’s seat, being in control of the route, the course, does not necessarily mean control of the journey. The driver may commence at their time, but even the time of commencement may not necessarily have been in their control. The driver may also not and is often never in control of when or how the journey will be. Least of all they are not at all in control of how the journey will end. The process of "being" cannot unfortunately or fortunately be manipulated by the control freak...the control junkie.

So when finally the sun sets, one stops. And if one is of those blessed with the remarkable gift of reflection, one then takes a step back, thinks, ponders and deciphers. We make deductions and inferences and draw sensible conclusions. These then serve as a lesson to one and us, thus:

So just when I thought I was in charge, I was in control, I was after all not! Who then am I?

I am just a Nobody, a nonentity. I cannot behave like God, because absolute power resides in Him alone! I then seek redress from my arrogance, from my nonchalance, from my ingratitude to He, who has given me a pinch of power but who has now claimed it back!

Like many other things in life, the sun sets for some today. I hear from a distance today, the teardrops of a clown.

No comments:

Post a Comment